Saturday, July 7, 2007

My First Blog




So I turned 45 this week and I'm not quite sure how that happened. I still love stuffed animals, desperately want a tattoo and belly button ring, and wear a size 8 (sometimes a 6 when I'm really lucky) so I'd say I was 35 if anyone asked how old I feel and act...

I spent my birthday with my longtime friend Lynn and her family in Seattle, my former hometown. My 6 days in Seattle were days of glorious weather, filled with outdoor activities (hiking to Lake Serene, running around Green Lake and Volunteer Park, taking Maya for walks), watching fireworks on Lake Samamish, and salivating over some of the best damn architecture and design in this country.

My last full day in Seattle was spent going from museum to museum, to gallery, to the new Olympic Sculpture Park. The Sculpture Park is one of those drop-dead gorgeous pieces of design that I want to pay homage to - I felt not worthy to be in its design presence. I think I may have died and gone to design heaven.

No comments: